Graduate Required for Starter Position in Marine Risk Safety
Anatec is a leading service provider in risk-based decision making, working within the UK and internationally in a variety of sectors including offshore, onshore, marine, shipping and renewables (wind, wave and tide). We provide consultancy services on most aspects of marine, oil and gas, renewables, transportation and onshore safety. The company was established in 2001 and has recently converted to an Employee Owned Trust company.
About the Candidate
We are now seeking a candidate with strong maths/analytical ability to join the team in our Aberdeen city centre office. The chosen candidate will provide support on a variety of projects for a range of clients across the UK and internationally. This will include analysis of shipping data in GIS software and spreadsheets, risk modelling, risk assessment, writing of technical reports, attending meetings, preparing presentations. Experience is not required as on-the-job training will be provided; however, the candidate must be able to work independently on tasks requiring analytical skills and show a keen interest in developing technical knowledge.
- Minimum of 2:2 bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject i.e., a STEM subject
- Keen interest in offshore industries and marine environment
- Strong analytical approach to tasks
- Robust report writing skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Commitment to learning and development
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical modelling or GIS software an advantage.
- Starting salary £25,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
- 28 days paid annual leave including public holidays
- Pension plan with 8% employer contribution
- Tax free bonus scheme (after one year)
- Social events and team building
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced team members
- Support with relocation will be considered if applicable
If the job sounds of interest, please apply today with a CV and cover letter. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Anatec is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds.